The First 3 mistakes to avoid are easy to remember.
(1)Payment (2)Program (3)People
Don’t leave the understanding of your entire monthly payment (PITI), your mortgage program (costs, limitations, requirements), to anyone but YOU. Surround yourself with people who will assist you in your understanding.
(4) Hire a Buyers Agent to work in your best interest. If you don’t transact real estate for a living, don't be so bold to think you can save yourself money by going it alone.
(5) Don’t view properties with out a Pre-approval. Knowing how you need to finance a home will help you when you are making an offer. Talk to your Real Estate Agent about sellers concession, up front PMI and other things that can save you money.
(6) Don’t limit your searches to Open Houses and ads. The role of an Agent is to guide you through the process and understand your needs and wants. This comes from face-to-face meetings and attending showings with you.
(7) Don’t believe for one minute there is only one perfect home for you. Finding a home is a process, some long, some short. Always do your due diligence with the area and the market. You will know when a home will fit your needs once you have all your information in hand.
(8) Don’t skip a home inspection and don't sign a Purchase and Sales Agreement without the benefit of counsel. Having the right professionals on your side will help with any issues during your transaction.
(9) Talk to your Agent about First Time Home Buyer grants, loans, and any down payment assistance that is available in the area you are thinking of purchasing. Don’t leave money on the table!
(10) Don’t get the minimum coverage on your Homeowners Insurance Policy to save costs. Talk to your Insurance Agents about what is truly best for you.
The property listing data and information set forth herein were provided to MLS Property Information Network, Inc. from third party sources, including sellers, lessors and public records, and were compiled by MLS Property Information Network, Inc. The property listing data and information are for the personal, non-commercial use of consumers having a good faith interest in purchasing or leasing listed properties of the type displayed to them and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties which such consumers may have a good faith interest in purchasing or leasing. MLS Property Information Network, Inc. and its subscribers disclaim any and all representations and warranties as to the accuracy of the property listing data and information set forth herein.